“I am committed to thorough and sensitive handling of complex matters with an emphasis on scholarly, efficient outcomes. I am at ease with the difficult medical issues which regularly exist,” Denise Harron said.
Denise M. Harron, an associate with Emile Banks and Associates, LLC, brings over 25 years of legal experience and her unique perspective as a combined attorney and registered nurse to deliver excellent results in practice areas including Worker’s Compensation, Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Ms. Harron, a native Pennsylvanian, moved to Wisconsin for the love of basketball when Marquette won the NCAA, receiving her undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from Marquette in 1982, with State Certification as a Registered Nurse in Wisconsin since 1982. Thereafter, she specialized as a nurse in intensive care for complex surgical patients at the Veteran’s Administration Medical Center. She graduated from Marquette University Law School in 1988, and later studied mediation extensively in Marquette’s Center for Dispute Resolution Certificate Program, as well as at Harvard University Law School’s Program on Negotiation for Lawyers.
“I learned early on how to manage the tensions brought about by conflict and litigation because my father worked as a catastrophic claims adjuster, and he brought me to see the aftermath of disasters firsthand, so I learned to appreciate the realities of suffering through compassionate eyes.” Ms. Harron says as a lawyer, “I am committed to thorough and sensitive handling of complex matters with an emphasis on scholarly, efficient outcomes. I am at ease with the difficult medical issues which regularly exist.”
As a graduate of Marquette, Ms. Harron also considers it a blessing and obligation to be in service to others, as so many mentors have been to her. She is delighted to have been teaching and learning for the past 15 years as a volunteer supervisor to the Marquette Law School’s Mediation Clinic, where law students handle mediation of cases in Circuit Court. She also serves as an Arbitrator for the Wisconsin State Bar Fee Arbitration Panel. Ms. Harron serves the community of Whitefish Bay as a member of the Police Commission since 2002 and handles teaching and speaking engagements in a variety of settings.
Ms. Harron is a licensed member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, has been admitted to the Federal District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, and has appeared numerous times before administrative tribunals in matters involving Social Security and Worker’s Compensation. She maintains active licensure as a Registered Nurse in Wisconsin and is a member of The American Association of Nurse Attorneys.
* Marquette University Law School (J.D. 1988)
* Northwestern University (B.A., Nursing 1982)
* Marquette’s Center for Dispute Resolution Certificate Program
* Harvard University Law School’s Program on Negotiation for Lawyers
Areas of Practice:
* Worker’s Compensation
* Personal Injury
* Medical Malpractice
* Alternative Dispute Resolution
* All Wisconsin State Courts
* U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Wisconsin
* U.S. District Court for Western District of Wisconsin
* Registered Nurse, State Certification since 1982
* Volunteer Supervisor to the Marquette Law School’s Mediation Clinic
* Arbitrator for Wisconsin State Bar Fee Arbitration Panel
* Member of Whitefish Bay Police Commission since 2002
* Teaching and speaking engagements in a variety of settings
* Member of American Association of Nurse Attorneys